Friday, March 9, 2012

Doing it "My Way" ...

There’s a great line in the lyrics of the song, “My Way”, done by Frank Sinatra: “Regrets, I’ve had a few.  But then again, too few to mention ...”  


 Rather than provide you with an audio clip of my rendition of that classic, you may want to purchase it through iTunes or from your local music outlet!  (smile)  But as we perhaps take a brief moment to reflect on the portrait that emerges from that song – that being one of a rugged, iconic champion – someone who appears to have faced every challenge of life with heroic independence, I need to pause for a moment and take myself out of the 'magic of the moment' that the song evokes.  For it would seem that the writer really underplays the significance of those key interpersonal relationships we know to be so vital to true success.  

The saving grace for me is the subtle acknowledgement found within the third line of the song.  It reads: “My friend, I’ll say it clear ...” and in this brief moment we see that our hero must have at least one friend!  Having said that, perhaps our hero, while having the outward appearances of success, could have still benefited from the gentle guidance of a Mentor.  

... I wonder if that was one of their ‘few regrets’?  Don’t make it one of yours!

What are your thoughts on the importance of having a MENTORSHIP relationship with others?


PLEASE, add your comments, and let us know if you have a passion for MENTORSHIP.  We invite you to share your insights and those of other contributors who are helping other people on their journey to success.

No comments: